Irelands’ largest state-owned Nature Reserve
Picture this!... soul-stirring mountain bike adventures in the great outdoors through wooded valleys and blanket bogs, past mountains streams and waterfalls in the largely undiscovered territory of the glorious Slieve Blooms…
Within this dramatic landscape that is home to Europe’s oldest mountain range, the Slieve Blooms are Irelands’ largest state-owned Nature Reserve (+ 2,300 hectares) with immense biodiversity from flora, fauna and fungi to birds, mammals, and butterflies! Guided by fully qualified MBLA Trail Cycle Leaders, prepare to unlock the secrets of this mythical landscape through mountain bike experiences that are adapted for all levels ranging from straight bike hire to mountain bike lessons and never-to-be-forgotten bike tours!
What to expect
- Slieve Bloom MTB Bike Centre: Slieve Bloom experts | sister company of Mid Ireland Adventure.
- Quality trails: network of purpose-built single tracks through Laois and Offaly | +80KMs blue & black trails.
- Expert guidance: fully qualified MBLA Trail Cycle Leaders | certified in Remote First Aid Care.
- Quality Bikes: full suspension Orbea occam H30 MTB | Orbea hardtail Keram E-bikes | 27'5-inch & 29ers hardtail bikes.
- Epic Landscape: off the beaten track | unspoiled Slieve Blooms | incredible views | rich biodiversity.
- Simply Be: breathe the fresh air | enjoy the great outdoors | embrace the natural surroundings.
- History | learn the secrets in the landscape | from Vikings to Ireland’s legendary Celtic heroes.
- Adventure & Tours: try something new! | learn from experienced guides | memorable experiences.
- Eco-Tourism: members of Leave No Trace | eco-tourism and eco-adventure practitioners.
- Feel the LOVE!: adventurers who are passionate about their destination | inside track from locals!
- Rest assured: create unforgettable memories while staying safe | Covid-19 chartered business.
Mountain Bikes Hire and Slieve Bloom Self-Discovery Adventure
It’s a big fun world out there and what better way to explore its secrets than aboard a mountain bike within the epic Slieve Bloom landscape that is home to Europe’s oldest mountain range and Ireland’s largest stateowned nature reserve?! With more than 80 kilometres of blue and black trails that are designed to suit enthusiastic mountain bikers of all levels, begin with a safety briefing by a qualified MBLA Trail Cycle Leader. Once aboard your quality front suspension MX 40 Orbea mountain bike, embark on an unforgettable off the beaten track adventure with incredible views.
Mountain Bike Tours
Relax your body and unwind your mind through a soul-stirring, mountain bike adventure that starts with a safety briefing in charming Kinnitty village before departing for Kinnitty Pyramid to hear how a replica of the great Pyramid of Giza was built here. Under the expert guidance of a qualified MBLA Trail Cycle Leader, bike onwards into largely undiscovered, off the beaten track territory to explore the Slieve Blooms. Within this epic landscape that is home to Europe’s oldest mountain range and Ireland’s largest state-owned nature reserve, experience incredible views before a downhill run back to base!
Mountain Bikes Lessons
It’s a big fun world out there and what better way to explore some of its secrets than aboard a mountain bike within the epic Slieve Bloom landscape that is home to Europe’s oldest mountain range and Ireland’s largest state-owned nature reserve?! Designed to suit all levels, revel while gaining the required skills to navigate mountain bike trails with total confidence in a safe environment. Under the expert guidance of a qualified MBLA Trail Cycle Leader, learn core mountain biking precision skills from bike set up and the attack position, to breaking, steering, and cornering, line choice, climbing and descending.✪ For more information and pricing view PDF - click here
Where to stay
Combining old world elegance with up to the minute standards and facilities, Dooly's Hotel located in the heart of Birr, Offaly is the ideal place to stay while exploring the midlands of Ireland.
Why choose Dooly's Hotel: